Subcategories: | K-12 School Libraries | Library Organizations | Multitype Library Organizations | Private College Libraries | Public College Libraries | Public Libraries | Special Libraries | State Government Libraries | State-Wide Connections | Worth Mentioning
K-12 School Libraries
Multitype Library Organizations
Private College Libraries
Public College Libraries
- Hazelden Library
The Hazelden Library is a special, non-profit, research library focusing on the topic of addiction, treatment, recovery, self-help, spirituality, family, alcoholism, drug addiction, etc.
- Hennepin County Law Library
- Hill Monastic Manuscript Library
- Hmong Cultural Center Resource Library
The Hmong Cultural Center's Resource Library features about 300 Hmong-related books. The collection includes Hmong language publications, English language materials pertaining to the Hmong, bilingual children's storybooks written in both English and Hmong as well as PhD Dissertations. The Resource Library also possesses extensive indexed collections of Hmong-related academic and newspaper articles, along with some visual displays of Hmong cultural artifacts.
- James Ford Bell Library (U of MN)
The James Ford Bell Library is a collection of 15,000 rare books, 2,500 maps, and 2,500 manuscripts from the period 1400-1800, documenting the expansion of Europe.
- James J. Hill Reference Library
- Mayo Medical Libraries
- Minnesota Genealogical Society
- Minnesota Indian Women's Resource Center
- Minnesota State Horticultural Society Library
The collection includes 2,000 book titles for the hobby gardener to the more advanced specialist. Also includes an extensive audio, video & CD-Rom collection. Historic documents and publications dating back to the 1800's. Circulates to members only but welcomes others to use the collection on site.
- Regions Hospital: Patricia D. Lundborg Cancer Libr
- The Bakken- A Library and Museum of Electricity in
A superb site focusing on the history, cultural context, and applications of electricity and magnetism in the life sciences and medicine. If you can't visit the Museum
- Washington County Law Library
State Government Libraries
- Attorney General Library
- CALCO Libraries
Capitol Area Library Consortium (CALCO)
- Fire/EMS/Safety Center Library
One of the few publicly accessible libraries in the country dedicated to fire-related research and information. Serves practitioners, students, and instructors of firefighting and emergency medical services as well as other researchers. Part of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system.
- Metropolitan Council Library
- Minnesota Dept. of Natural Resources
The library collection is an archive of DNR publications and also includes other books, reports, and journals covering natural resource management \\(e.g., fish and wildlife, forestry, ecology, parks and recreation, geology, and water\\).
- Minnesota Historical Society Library
- Minnesota Legislative Reference Library
- Minnesota Office of Library Development and Servic
- Minnesota Pollution Control Agency Library
- Minnesota State Law Library
- MN Dept. of Employment & Economic Development
The Department is Minnesota's economic development agency, with programs promoting business expansion and retention, international trade, community development and workforce development. The library has information on foreign countries and international markets that assists Minnesota export companies wanting to sell their products and services in the international marketplace.
- MN Dept. of Health - R.N. Barr Library
- MN Dept. of Revenue Library
- MN Library for the Blind and Physically Handicappe
- Mn/DOT Library
- Perpich Center for Arts Education Library